From The Kitchen:
I love the 15 Fast Ideas section of the Rachael Ray magazine. Quick, easy recipes that taste great!
This week I tried the Moroccan Spiced Pork Chops and they were a hit!
- 3/4cup dried apricots, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 4 thin bone-in pork chops
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2tablespoons EVOO
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- In small bowl, toss apricots, currants and orange juice. Sprinkle pork with cinnamon and cumin; season. In skillet, cook pork in 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat, turning once, 8 minutes. Stir scallions, almonds and remaining oil into apricot mixture; season. Spoon relish over pork.
It’s Relay For Life weekend! Thankfully the sun is out and I’m excited to let Sky run around on the football field, she loves being free to just run around!
Need 8 miles this weekend. Tentative plan is to do 3 at Relay tomorrow morning, then meet Elya for her last leg of Rainier to Ruston and do 5 with her. However, we seem to be short of walkers for our Relay team. So, if I end up filling in extra time slots I may just do all 8 at Relay. 8 miles on a track, while that will be a nice break for my body, my mind may not handle it as well. We shall see how it all unfolds.
A left-over camping pic that for some reason I didn’t post.