Before I get to the recipe of the week I just have to say a few things.
1. There is going to be an Athleta store in Seattle by the end of 2012!!! I’m so, so, so excited!!! By far my fave running leggings for everyday use. I love my other lined winter ones as well, but I wear the Athleta ones the most. I’m going to start saving pennies now because that is one grand opening I really want to go to and get myself something fun!
2. Sky and I were losing our minds yesterday watching the USA Women’s soccer match. The ups and downs, and Sky jumping and yelling and clapping right along with me…priceless!
3. Sky’s new thing is saying Stop It! It cracks me up when she is playing with her toys, pushing buttons so they make noise and yelling at them to STOP IT when I know the toys are doing exactly what she wants them to. She hasn’t figured out yet what Stop It actually means. Sometimes she nails it, like when she slapped my hand and said it while I was trying to wash her face. Sassy, sassy!
Ok, now for the Recipe of the week. This one is from Realsimple Magazine, and Mark has decided it’s his #1 all time favorite chicken recipe ever! I skipped the Arugula and Plum Salad, just made the chicken. I’m sure the salad is good as well, but we had fresh farmers market veggies to eat and didn’t need to make the salad.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (6 cups)
- 2 plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, thyme, and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat grill to medium-low. Season the chicken with ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes; brush frequently with the honey mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, and ¹/₄ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the arugula and plums and toss to combine. Serve with the chicken.
By Charlyne Mattox , July, 2012